Improving gender equality in work – what can we learn from London’s business and policy organisations?
Wednesday 18 March 2015
2.00 – 5.00pm
Peltz Gallery, 43 Gordon Square, WC1H 0PD
The networking event is designed to explore what institutional changes work best in supporting gender equality in large organisations. The panel?s speakers will reflect on why changes were necessary, what changes have been introduced, the outcome of those changes, and what still needs to happen to improve gender equality. The diversity of speakers will ensure there are opportunities for learning for all.
The event will conclude with a wine reception from 4.00 – 5.00pm with opportunities for networking.
- Professor Henry Etzkowitz, Stanford University, Author, Athena Unbound
- Ms Jeanne Le Roux, People Solutions Ltd
- Professor Nick Keep, Executive Dean, School of Science, Lead, Birkbeck AthenaSWAN programme
- Ms Siobhan Martin, UK Board Member and HR Director, Mercer
- Ms Jo Beill, Solicitor (Employment), London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham and Royal Bor-ough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Ms Sue Johnson, Senior Diversity and Social Policy Officer, Diversity and Social Policy Team, Great-er London Authority
- Ms Jacqueline Harper, Director of Online, Three
- Ms Nicola Cardwell, Senior OD & Development Consultant , Diversity & Inclusion, PwC
- Panel Chair: Professor Colette Henry, Dundalk Institute of Technology, Editor International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship, and TRIGGER project board.
Who should come
Anyone interested in gender equality and how large institutions respond to the challenges.