Birkbeck Centre for Contemporary Theatre is a space in which theatre makers, critics and audiences gather to share knowledge, ideas and practices relating to contemporary theatre and performance. We host an extensive programme of public events including workshops, seminars, lectures, symposia and performances. Our events are led by the research interests of Centre members and the current concerns of its Fellows and visiting artists. Our research falls into the following main strands:
- Culture, community and identity
- Performance, medical humanities and health
- Socially engaged practices
- Digital practices and culture
- New writing and dramaturgy
- Making contemporary theatre
- Contemporary approaches to historical works
Through our work, theatre makers, writers, scholars and critics make use of the resources available in our Arts building at 43 Gordon Square. The Centre’s work is also closely associated with Birkbeck’s BA, MA and PhD programmes in Theatre and Drama Studies, Directing, Dramaturgy, and Creative Writing.
STAY IN TOUCH 📧
Follow us on twitter @BirkbeckCCT or receive our news via DramaHE (DRAMAHE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK).