SIMS MA SCHOLARSHIPS
- The Department of Cultures,
Languages and Applied Linguistics is re-opening this bursary due to
unallocated funds that are still available, please apply by 13 September 2021, 2pm.
under the will of Dr Aaron Sims, a former student of the College, this
is a bursary for postgraduate language students.
- Up to six bursaries are available for excellent students on the MA
Comparative Literary and Cultural Studies (French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish Portuguese).
will be given to part-time applicants on the French, German, Italian,
Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish language pathways, though the
scholarship is available to full-time applicants, and part-time students
their second year.
- Eligibility criteria: Applicants should demonstrate academic excellence (at least a 2:1 or equivalent in an undergraduate degree).
- Value of bursary:
£21,000 shared among up to six applicants, to be used for tuition fees
or maintenance. Applicants should have made arrangements to meet the
remaining costs of
fees and other expenses.
- How the bursary is paid:
How to apply: Complete
our online application form.
- The bursary is paid to part-time students in two instalments of £1750 in January of each academic year.
- Part-time students who receive the award for their second year of study only, will receive one payment of £1750 in January.
- Full-time students will receive one payment of £3500 in January.
- All payments are subject to confirmation of satisfactory attendance and progress.
- Application deadline: 13 September 2021, 2pm.